Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Save the Date - Denise's Quarterly Coffee Talk - Saturday Sept 12 - 9:00 am

Hello Lake in the Hills!

Monday marked my first 100 days in office as a Lake in the Hills Village Board Trustee.

I can honestly say that it has been a lively 100 days.

While I am still learning and settling into office, I don't want to lose touch with the residents in the process. On the contrary, as I am forming my thoughts and views on issues, I want them to be in sync with what is most important to the people I serve. During the first part of 2009 - I spent every weekend on the doorsteps of residents - educating them about me and learning the issues important to them. Now that the residents of Lake in the Hills entrusted me with this role - I want to be sure that I interact with residents as often as possible.

That said, I want to ask that you SAVE THE DATE for Saturday September 12 at 9:00 am.

I will host my first Quarterly Coffee Talk. I have not arranged for location just yet but will do so this weekend and post all the details early next week. One thing I know is the coffee will be on me. Regular, fresh brewed coffee - not the latte, frappucino-types. You're welcome to come but I'm only buying for the old fashioned coffee drinkers like me. :)

I am not setting an agenda.

I will show up ready to drink coffee and listen.

Join me.

Tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment