Friday, March 6, 2009

The New Headquarters For My Political Campaign

With only 4 weeks until the election and lots of activity surrounding the campaign - we have launched this locale for supporters and future supporters to learn more about my quest to win a seat on the Lake in the Hills Village Board of Trustees. You can find this site easily at www.denisewbarreto.com.

The election is on Tuesday April 7. Early voting will open on March 16. 

I am seeking my first public office and there is a field of six candidates for three open trustee positions. There are two incumbents - one who was elected twice and is now seeking a third term and one who was appointed to finish a term of a former Trustee who went on to serve on the McHenry County Board. Including myself - there are four new candidates in the field.

From now until the election I will be post blogs commenting on my adventures as I campaign and meet the electorate of Lake in the Hills.

My number one objective as Trustee is to represent the working families of Lake in the Hills - with or without children. This is impossible if the people I want to represent do not know what they want and/or need. I will be challenging the citizens of Lake in the Hills to become more involved in their community.  Not a la "44" but I will invite the opinions of citizens to weigh in on issues that the village faces and ask that they make the meetings that are held twice monthly  -their meetings. I have said that I want everyone to know that those meetings are not for the Village President nor any of the Board of Trustee members - they are for everyone. 

Thanks for caring and check back for updates.




No comments:

Post a Comment