Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Quiet is Deafening

The fall has began in full force in the Village of Lake in the Hills.

I love driving westbound on Algonquin from Randall and seeing a few bunches of trees rapidly turning and dropping their leaves. Nothing is better.

Peace.

Quiet.

Perhaps the quiet humming of my new role on the board is quite deafening for some.

I have never been one to speak with nothing to say but thought I'd drop a quick line on this blog to make sure people know I am still here and interested if there are topics they'd like to dish about.

A few things upcoming for me...

Next week, I intend to connect again with a speaker I met at the IML conference who led the workshop about Parks and Recreation surveys and how to best serve your community through programs. She resides in downstate Illinois and equal to me in energy. We've already had one really dynamic discussion and I look forward to meeting with her again.

Wednesday Oct 28 I will be attending the McHenry County Council of Government meeting in Woodstock, IL

On November 4, I will be attending a Homeowner's Association's quarterly meeting.

On Friday November 6, I will be "lunching with a cop" - a very cool program hosted by the Lake in the Hills Police Department - check it out here for details.

I plan to announce the site of my next quarterly coffee talk in about four weeks - and no later than the week of Thanksgiving.

Stay tuned and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment